Irreversible thermochromic indicators for high temperatures
- Monitoring the temperature of objects in industrial heating processes (temperatures from 55 to 150 °C ).
- Simple visual control through colour change - from colourless to coloured.
- No power supply required.
- Applicable on most relatively smooth surfaces.
- Customised shapes and designs.
- Colours: black, magenta, blue, some other options on request.
- Indicators for subsequent control
The indicator is activated after a threshold temperature is exceeded, but the full colouration does not develop until the item has cooled to room temperature. The indicator is intended for applications where immediate control is not required or is not possible due to a closed environment
- Indicators for immediate and delayed control
The indicator colours already when heated above threshold temperature and the colour remains when the item cools.
These simple indicators can be used in the visual monitoring of temperatures in industrial heating processes. They allow easy identification of whether the object has been properly heated during ultrasonic welding or thermal annealing, for example. When the temperature of an object exceeds a certain threshold, the indicator completely colours. These products are developed as part of the T-Heat project.
Contact us for more details.
A demonstration of our irreversible high temperature indicator can also be found on our sample card.